queen random

background1

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Story of Stuff

I have made it my personal goal this year to stop living in excess. Although I have always been frugal and made the most out of my dollar, I haven't always made the best choices when it came to what I need and what I want.

Here is a great starting point for those of you who, like me, need a good kick in the butt to show you the impact of changing your family's spending habits. A few minutes of your time can widen your narrow view of consumerism as we know it. Watch it!

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

Leave me a comment and let me know if you were as surprised as I was... even though I think we all know this on some level, we just choose to see what they want us to see.

1 comment:

  1. Most of what Lance and I own was previously owned. Our couches are 28yrs old. Yes I would like something that was cuter and more up to date but our future plans for our furnature is just to change the fabric and redo the foam but keep the same structure. The thing we need to get rid of are toys. We have so many but we dont buy them they are gifts from others. Our family now buys park passes and museum/aquarium passes instead of buying more stuff.
    We recycle everything and hope to start a compost pile.
    I would like to watch the movie.
    I have a friend two doors down that is going though her house and getting rid of a bag a day.

    ReplyDelete